The journey of my life 5; Real winter in Hokkaido is starting.

Good day everyone!! hope you are enjoy winter season!

To stay in lass than 0 degree Celsius everyday  is new big deal for me, I must wrap myself with 4 layer of tops and couple pants with long boots, scarf and comfortable groves that's all I wear and I can easily stay in -4 degree Celsius or lass than this. and YES I definately have never wear those stuff in Thailand and I will never wear when I'm right back.



   

Last month I asked my Japanese friends in my laboratory about How do they find winter and snow??
They all said "It's horrible and I hate it, But yes it's beautiful"
but we all Thai and Indonesian student are excited to waiting for snow.


Not too long to waiting Snow is falling and it comes with very cold temperature!! 
First few days were wonderful beautiful and fantastic we were very happy to take picture and step into white icing road. couple day later there's not only snow falling but it's along with rain, horrible time is coming road and floor are mad and slushy very slip very difficult to walk. next to raining day is snow storm turn makes slushy snow goes harden as rock and I think this time is horrible and makes me change my mind from beautiful snow into horrible snow.
So, what happen is Today Dec 15, 2014....
Snow falling since lastnight till now snow still heavy falling and seems not easy to stop. Its high about 20 cm. and temperature is -7 degree Celsius. every around me cover by snow houses, cars, trees, etc. 
But, Yes snow is beautiful.

   



For my laboratory life and my experimental. last week I was doing Real-time PCR for quantify bacterial concentration in rat's cecum samples after feed 5% of cellulose, starch, lablab bean husk and soy bean husk. the result was show group of rat that took 5% starch were higher harmful bacteria than other group which mean to take fiber as prebiotic is good for animal digestion especially intestine.
and today I'd like to explain you what is Real-time PCR 
Real-time PCR is a part of Polymerase Chain Reaction that able to detect sequence-specific PCR products as they accumulate in "real-time" during the PCR amplification process. As the PCR product of interest is produced, real-time PCR can detect their accumulation and quantify the number of substrates present in the initial PCR mixture before amplification began.   There are a few different variations of the procedure, but the one illustrated here is called molecular beacon . Molecular beacons are short segments of single-stranded DNA (Figure 1). The sequence of each molecular beacon must be customized to detect the PCR product of interest. In figure one, you can see there are nine bases on one end of the molecular beacon that can base pair with nine bases on the other end of the beacon. This complementation permits the molecular beacon to form a hairpin structure. The loop portion of the molecular beacon is composed of bases (shown as pink lines) that are complementary to one strand of the PCR product the investigator wants to detect and quantify. Attached to opposite ends of the beacon are a fluorescent reporter dye and a quencher dye. When the molecular beacon is in the hairpin conformation, any fluorescence emitted by the reporter is absorbed by the quencher dye and no fluorescence is detected.


By the way, the temperature in winter season is change easily that make you sometimes got sick please take care of yourself make yourself warm and take vitamin C. see you next season

                                                                                       Thank you!


                                                                       PUTCHAKARN  Awassada (Mika)

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply